Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend.

By complete and utter chance, Nate got half the day Saturday, Sunday and Monday off call!! We made a quick trip to Boise with it and took our engagement pictures (and downed an entire pizza on the drive)!!! I am so excited and relieved they are done! We can't wait to see the finished products, I know there are some super cute ones, and probably some not as cute ones too! It was a great weekend and I was just loving having Nate around. I don't realize just how much I miss him until he's gone! I also seem to forget just how cute my nephews are!
 driving to Boise! It had been 19 days since I'd seen this boy!

just trying out the ties we ordered...still not totally sure what we think.

the cutest nephew in the world wearing Nate's boots...watching him walk in them was the best!
Our drive back was fantastic, we had a really great conversation concerning church and family, including our future family, and building and maintaining our relationship. We covered a lot and I am so glad we are on the same page about raising a family, staying married, etc.
I am so grateful for Nate and for the way he was raised. More importantly I think, I am grateful for the way he came to be. His story of gaining a testimony and wanting to live better really inspires me. I've heard it multiple times and we've talked in depth about it, but for some reason it just really hit me this time that he really is amazing and nothing will stop him from doing and getting what he wants. There has clearly always been someone looking out for him and watching over him and pushing him to do better. And for that I am truly grateful because I think he turned out just right!
And then there's me...I'm turning into such a baby! I was completely fine up until the point he got into his truck to head back to Utah and then I couldn't help it, i bawled (:
145 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment