Thursday, May 3, 2012

SERIOUS BRIDES ONLY!

So I had a rather unpleasant experience today that is rather funny, however also a bit insulting.
Here is how it all went down:
A friend and I planned to go to IF to look at wedding dresses on Saturday. She had just picked out her dress and it was waiting at Margene's Bridal for alterations. We decided we might as well look there because I wanted to see her dress, and they also carry modest dresses! It was a win-win.
I called the store to make an appointment and this is how our conversation played out:
Lady: Margene's how can I help you?
Me: Hi, I just wondered if I could make an appointment to look at dresses for Saturday afternoon?
Lady: Oh, can I have you hold on for 2 seconds? It will just be 2 seconds, I'll be right back!
(wait on hold for 2 minutes)
Lady: Ok, you want to make an appointment to look at dresses?
Me: Yes.
Lady: Well...so...uh...have you looked at dresses before?
Me: Yes.
Lady: So have you looked around? Are you still looking around or you're ready to buy?
Me: Um...still looking I guess?
Lady: Have you been to Margene's before?
Me: Yes.
Lady: This location?
Me: No, in Boise.
Lady: Recently?
Me: No.
Lady: Oh! Have you been to the new location (wait, didn't I JUST answer this)? It's gorgeous, and such a great location! Do you have a date already?
Me: Yes, October 20.
Lady: And where are you getting married?
Me: Arizona.
Lady: Not in Boise?
Me: No.
Lady: Are you from Arizona?
Me: No, he is.
Lady: Who is?
Me: My fiancee is.
Lady: Oh, right the Boise temple is closed.
Me: Uh, yea (only in my head I'm thinking, who's to say we're even getting married in the temple?! And actually it WILL be open by then thank you!).
Lady: Well, Saturday's are really reserved for our serious brides. The one's who are ready to buy their dresses. It's already so late in the game (I'm getting married in 5 months and 15 days, I wouldn't call this late in the game) so we couldn't even order you a dress and have it be here on time. I actually have a dress for a girl that's stuck in customs. They just wont let it through, it's just sitting there waiting, we're not even sure if she will get it by her wedding, she has to come up with a backup plan, blah blah blah (lady, why are you telling me this?) blah blah. So you see Saturday's are just so busy-
Me: Ok, well then I will just go somewhere else.
-click-

I was a little thrown off by this, what wedding dress shop, or wedding anything turns away business?? I thought that was nuts! She never asked my schedule or if there was another time I could come in, she didn't try to accommodate me at all. She didn't know my schedule and that I get 1 Saturday a month off, or that I live an hour away and work 2 jobs from about 8-9am until 7-8pm at night.
I understand that Saturday is their money making and busiest day, but you'd think they would want as many prospective buyers as possible. More prospects = more possibly $$
I was just surprised at the way it happened, sure the lady was trying to be friendly, but I didn't want to hear about some other brides dress fiasco when you aren't even going to try to help resolve mine.

Thanks Margene's Bridal, but no thanks. You've officially lost a customer.



(p.s. like I did with Coldstone, I sent an email :)

2 comments:

  1. sheesh... you know where i sent an email recently? idaho youth ranch (but i still like them). you are obviously more high class then me.

    ReplyDelete