Friday, July 20, 2012

Run in with the Lone Peak Hotshots

Not having internet connection 100% of the time makes documenting these things hard!
Sometime around the end of June (I'm going to guess the 28 or 30) Nate's fire crew was on their way from a fire in southern Utah to Wyoming. He texted me and asked if I could meet him at the grocery store just so I could see him for a few minutes since it had been about 5 days since I had seen him.
I asked if he needed anything and he asked for some baby wipes and fingernail clippers, oh and a milkshake! You'd be surprised just how hard it was to find fingernail clippers! I went to the grocery store and 2 beauty supply stores before I gave up and had to drive 10 miles down the road to Target! I picked up everything he asked for an jumped back up on the freeway as they would soon be arriving at the grocer. As I merged back onto I-15 I passed a Lone Peak Hotshot buggy. I sped up to catch the front buggy where Nate was. When I saw him I smiled and waved and blew him kisses...you know, normal fiance stuff. Then I flashed my phone number too him telling him to give me a call and, well you know, trying to be all seductive and what not.
Unbeknownst to me, there were a few firefighters in the back of the buggy that I couldn't see that thought I was some loosey woman handing out my number!
Nate said they were getting all excited trying to save the number before he shot them all down with, "guys, didn't you see her fat engagement ring?" After a few confused responses one of the guys chirped up, "Red is that your girl?!"

in other news, we babysat my SO cute nephew while my sister and mom went to my cousins family's sealing

 
and finally, this is what happens when you forget your swimsuit!




No comments:

Post a Comment