Saturday, May 14, 2016

Be somebody who...

Do you ever wish you could redo certain events or situations in your life? 
Maybe it's just me, but I have a handful or memories that I'd really love to go back and do over, 
I'd even take a mulligan for them.
Most have to do with me not being the nicest person,
hurting someone's feelings,
talking poorly about somebody whose situation I didn't know,
trying to "get even" with somebody.
Worse yet, ignoring someone,
not taking the time to get to know people.

Thankfully, I have a few redeeming memories.
I remember in elementary school some kids a grade or two younger than me were making fun of a boy for having a hairy tongue. Which is sort of humorous now, I have no idea if he had a hairy tongue, but I remember telling them to leave him alone, and they did. The boy then proceeded to follow me around for a few days.

Being shy certainly didn't help. 
I wish I would have talked to more people, 
been nicer, 
made more friends, 
said some things I wanted to to some people, 
and not said some things I did to others.


Some people have a way of befriending everyone and making them feel important. 
Some of us are trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment