Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Running!


In July 2014, I ran my FIRST ever 5k! It was brutal and took me like 45 minutes (hey I was pushing a stroller!). My only goal was to finish the race and to RUN the whole thing. And I DID!
It sparked something in me, but for the first time in my life I actually enjoyed running!
I kept at it and in October 2014 I ran my first 10k, then in April and May of 2015 I ran my first half marathon!

That's 13.1 miles of straight running!
My time was 2:29:01 which I was proud of.


I was in the best shape of my life, even after having a baby, and I felt wonderful!
There's something about running and pushing myself that just felt great.
I was so impressed with what my body could do (more impressed then than when it pushed out a baby even).

Running.

Greatest thing!

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! There is something about pushing yourself beyond what you think are your limits that is so empowering, and addicting! Love your blog BTW! It's been hard for me to not comment on every post they're so good!

    ReplyDelete