Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#73 the boys & girls club of ada county.

this was the job i had from the time i moved back to boise in 2008,
until i moved to salt lake in 2010.
i loved it.
yea i dreaded going to work some days.
and sure i wanted to slap some kids sometimes.
but in all,
it was fun.
i mean, i got paid to listen to music, draw, play pool, eat snacks, play dodgeball.
sweet life right?
and it was.
we even got to go on cool field trips!
when i left in march it was so sad.
there were lots of tears and presents from the kids.
but i was kind of burnt out so i was ready to be done.
still sad of course.
and i hadnt been back since i moved.
well i had some free time today and thought id stop by and say hi to a few of the staff members.
little did i know there were still TONS of kids there who
1- not only remembered me,
but 2, LOVED me!!!
it was the greatest thing.
as soon as i walked in the door a girl screamed "LINDSEY!!!!!!!" and ran and gave me a huge hug!!
it was the cutest thing!
the last 2 summers i was there i was in charge of the 1st & 2nd graders and i didnt realize how attached some of them really were!
the kids then ran into every room of the building yelling "lindseys back!!!'
i got ambushed by like 12 kids all trying to hug me!
it was the cutest.
and then they all just wanted to hold my hand the whole time
and play every game with me!
some of them kept asking me for things like i worked there,
and i went right on ahead like i did work there!
ha.
heres some pictures from the club over the years!
willie.

chase is my favorite!!!

ody!!

emma!

ody again.

taylor.

again.

me and jennifer.

stephanie, me, jennifer.

jennifer and miranda.

halloween.

me and katie.

christmas party club rap.

me and emma!

jordan.

tanner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

making centerpieces.

thugs.

love.

makaylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment