Friday, August 26, 2011

music.

I've recently rekindled my love affair with music.
I go through phases.
It's like this, sometimes all I want to do is listen to music 24 hours a day.
Usually its after I find one song or cd that I'm completely addicted to.
Ask Janis.
I listened to the same Jason Aldean song everyday for almost 2 months.
Every time it ended I just pushed repeat.
Funny I can't actually even think of the title to that one right now...
But then after a few weeks of that I get sick of it and really only listen in the car.
And then I find a new favorite song and the cycle continues.
Recently (and by recently I mean for the last 6 months) I've had a huge crush on country music.
I mean I always have a love for country but I usually take breaks and listen to some punk or rap for a few weeks if not months.
That never happened this year.
Maybe cause a lot of the popular music right now sucks??
Well for the last month at least I have listened to the same playlist all day everyday.
Funny because it really only had 2 songs I liked on it, and maybe 4 total country songs.
So today I decided I was sick of it and I had tons of good songs stuck in my head so I was going to make the ultimate work playlist.
And I did.
And it's funny because I just went to my favorite artists and picked like every song they had online and combined them all.
I'm pretty sure I went from 0 to 123 songs in about 2 minutes.
Thanks playlist.com!
Anyway, the real point of this was that it's funny I havent listened to some of these songs in a loooong time and the second they came on it took me back to a specific memory.
I love that music can do that!
For example:
Wide Open- Jason Aldean, the first thing that came to mind?
Moving from Boise to Salt Lake last March. It gave me so much hope that Utah was going to be awesome. And it has been. Its definitely had its ups (Alpha, Holladay 11th ward, Kelli, etc) and downs (the crappy house I lived in, the sucky ward, etc).
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional.
This ones a throw back to high school. Lunchtime drives to Jana Purcell's house so eat cinnamon LIFE cereal by the handful. Thank goodness she lived so close!
This is a sappy one...Eve 6- Here's to the Night.
Driving around Boise in Brad's pickup late at night with the windows down. We walked up to the top of table rock and shot off some mini bombs (tin foil and toilet bowl cleaner or something). After everyone left we went back to my parents and sat in the driveway talking in his pickup and this song came on and he said he always wanted to kiss a girl with this song playing in the background....awww. I have loved this one ever since even though I can't specifically remember if we even ever actually kissed while it played! Haha.
Eric Church- Hell on the Heart.
Back to Meridian and the Boys & Girls Club.
Hanging out in the art room with a bunch of loud children and me and Jennifer just singing as loud as we could!
Jason Aldean- Big Green Tractor.
Laura Hurst. Declo Days. Sprinkler. Cemetery. 100 degree weather.
I think of that EVERY time.
The Script- Breakeven.
My first breakup song. It still makes me sad this many years later. Hahaha. Kinda funny actually. But I remember hearing it when I was driving to Jennilee's house in the dark bawling my eyes out immediately after we broke up. So sad! Hahahaha. Oh man how I have changed, how things have changed!!
and last but not least (gotta end on a good note right?!)
Jason Derulo- In My Head.
Love.this.song.
I remember singing it EVERYWHERE! Usually with Jennifer.
I remember singing it at the B&G Club.
In the car.
Taco Tuseday's.
I still love to sing that song!
And the way he breathes at 1:11 soooooo funny!!
(i love random noises in songs!)
and....its Friday!!
so here's a fun picture to stare at for the weekend :]


1 comment:

  1. So I broke out in song last night. Best of Me. The Starting Line. It made me think about you.
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete