Saturday, September 10, 2011

i learned how to pick a pineapple.

Also watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes and avocados.
I went grocery shopping with Kelli and I'm not even sure how we got on the subject but we he was soon teaching us how to pick the best of every fruit and vegetable.
Something I've always wondered.
Now let me tell you in case you've wondered.
How to pick a good:
Pineapple- pull the leaves from the top, if they come out easy its a good one.
Watermelon- you HAVE to hold it up to your ear as not to get the echos from the other melons. then you tap on it, if it sounds hollow its a good one, if it doesnt echo its a dud.
Cantaloupe- its all in the belly button. First, it needs to be an innie. second, you push on it, if its too hard, its no good, if your finger squishes through then agian, no good. But if you can push on it a little but its still firm, then its good.
Tomatoes- are shallow. that ones all about appearance. if it looks good, it if good.
Avocados- frim. But not too firm, dark green to dark purple.

Interesting right?
Now let me tell you something delicious. Fresh cut pineapple and fruit dip made of a thing or cool whip mixed with a small can of strawberry yogurt...DELICIOUS!!!

Kelli also made me chicken enchiladas the other night. I ate 3. She makes the best enchiladas in the state of Utah. And that's an understatement. Then she made cookies...but she made them healthy with oatmeal...way to ruin a good cookie!!! Ok, they were still good. Then we realized how old we are getting because it was only 8:30 and we thought for sure it was at least 11!

In other news, I have to be out of my apartment in a week. I have no packed a thing. Where am I going? Who knows!
I have 2 barstools and a toaster oven that I need to get rid of...any takers?

1 comment: