Thursday, August 19, 2010

#18 rain.

today, in the middle of lunch, there was a HUGE rainstorm.
monsoon really.
i LOVE summer rainstorms.
this one was pretty intense though.
with the wind and everything.
but erika and i were REALLY craving candy...
and we each had quarters in our car.
so we covered our heads with sheets and wraps and ran to our cars.
by the time my door was unlocked i was about as wet as if id just jumped in a pool.
from the comfort of my car i texted erika:
'this was a terrible horrible no good very bad idea!'
i got my quarters and ran back for the school.
once inside the school i bought some candy and was putting my stuff away when i realized i didnt have my keys!!!
i looked everywhere and i KNEW id put them in my pocket!
this meant 1 of 2 things.
a- i locked them in my car
2- i lost them in the parking lot that now looked more like a river.
i was already soaked up to my knees so i figured what the heck,
id brave the storm again and go find my keys.
i covered my head,
which didnt really matter since the wind blew it off my head in 5 seconds.
i looked in my car but didnt see them.
and the wind was blowing the rain so bad i could barely open my eyes.
then i heard someone yell my name.
"lindsey!"
i looked over and there was a guy talking on a cell phone under the overhang of the business next door.
he was dangling my keys!
[oh ps the reason he knew my name is cause my license and school id are attached :]
andyway i ran over to him and thanked him a bajillkion times and ran back inside!
i was DRENCHED.
like dripping wet.
so i went upstairs and put my pants and socks in the dryer at school.
while they were drying i went to the computer lab.
and thats when the real fun started!
there were about 5 different puddles soaking the floor.
the far wall was completely soaked and looked like a waterfall.
and the roof around one light fixture was leaking.
it was a mess!!!
all the electrical cords and power strips for the cimputers were soaked.
we went and got one of the admin to come look.
she was a little shocked i think.
and mad at the roofers!
so she turned everything off, and also pretended to electricute [i dont think ive ever tried to spell that word] herself which was pretty funny.
thanks whitney.
anyway, we got a bunch of towels and cleaned up the floor.
it literally felt like a rainforest in there!
moral of the story?
it ended with kim suggrsting a brilliant idea to me and flerika.
stick your head in the skin scanner and take sweeeeeeeet pics!
so here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment