Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#100 ruby.

well all my dogs really.
and by mine i mean my families.
and by my families i mean my parents.
cause lets be honest.
we all swore up and down we'd take care of the puppy...once it turned to dog it was all theirs!
but.
ive come to the realization that i dont actually like dogs.
i like the general idea of them,
i think theyre great companions and friends.
and i LOVE my dogs [again, parents dogs really].
but i do not love other people dogs.
i tolerate them.
but i mostly think theyre gross and annoying.
and im sure people think the same of mine.
but ive loved them all!
i remember being too small to see of the counter in out collister house and muffy letting us stand on her back to see over the counter.
i also remember her having puppies.
and i remember my mom bringing her home from a bath and haricut with bows in her hair.
then i remember her getting old and sick and gross.
but i still loved her!
and i remember the day my parents brought holly home for katie for christmas.
and seeing my dad carry her i thought she was a stuffed animal!
i remember her chewing up everything in sight.
and always pulling too hard on the leash.
and dragging me down a hill once.
and bird hunting.
having only 9 nipples.
having puppies in a hole.
having puppies in a swimming pool in the closet.
taking the 8 puppies camping with us [wish i had those pictures!]
and getting sick with diabetes.
and having to get insulin shots twice a day.
and getting skinny.
and going blind.
and running into things.
and mom and dad finally deciding it was time to put her out of her misery.
and then ruby.
i remember picking her up in payette.
and her crying all the way home.
and when my parents thought she got out but really she was in bed with me [haha...:]
and running with her.
and her thinking shes a little lap dog.
and her blending into the couch.
i used to call holly 'holls-y' and ruby 'rubes'
when i was nannying 2 little boys the older brother called them 'holly and ruby' and the younger brother said 'no! its holls-y and rubes!'
anyway...
must love dogs.
my dogs.
sorry ive only got pictures of rubes...
pups.

pete and pups.



this is my favorite.
so my room was freezing and im cold blooded.
so i would turn on my space heater and put my blanket over it and get under the blanket so all the heat would come to me!
ruby was smart enought to figure this out and would burrow under my legs to get warm as well.
but only half of her fit!

nappin with the mother.
told you she thinks shes a little dog.


shes also very similar to the couch color.
my dad told me a story once [im not sure if this was really how it went but something like this] about my brother laying on the floor watching tv or something and complainging of it smelling like ruby farts not realizing she was asleep on the couch above him and he hadnt noticed because he couldnt see her!

out and about with dad.

im not sure what we call this.
she is a trick dog though!

she even made the family pic.
i think that was a first!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dog (your parent's dog). She's the only lab I love. I hate all the others. Aaand I love how little and chubby Pete was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rubes was SO cute! linky loves puppies. i'm super excited to one day get one for him. and chickens. you're almost at 101. is #101 going to be about the rest of our farm?

    ReplyDelete