Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#96 MERRITTS [i cant believe this didnt make the list sooner]!

home of the scones.
and gnarly biker dudes.
and chicks that look like biker dudes.














i cant believe merritts is just now getting on the chart.
i know ive mentioned it before but it DEFINITELY deserves its own post.
heck, that places helped raise me!

i remember my sister hanging out there every weekened in high school and thinking 'man i cant wait till im in high school and can hang out there!'
she had so many crazy stories.
she came home late.
and she reeked of cigarette smoke!
and yet merritts was like a...cant think of the word but something i coveted and wished i could go to!




probably 3 out of 4 saturday nights my high school friends and i could be found crammed in a booth in the back of merritts eating cinnamon and sugar dutch babies at 11:57pm.

but dont think it stopped there, oh no.
merritts way outlived my high school expectations.
suddenly all my college friends loved it as well.
and so the tadition lives on.
every time i go home,
all my friend reunions begin at merritts.
1:15am: "youre in town? SWEET! lets go to merritts!"
and we always do.

thank you merritts for being part of my wholesome upbringing.




for keeping me out late and out of trouble.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So many pictures of Jim!!! Love it. I miss the way Merritt's used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE YOU LINDSEY! im flipping craving merrritts now...oh how i could use a cinnamon sugar scone right now...
    oh good times.
    and i like that im in some of these pictures.
    i feel so cool right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can't believe it took you this long too!!!

    ReplyDelete